Coverage is available for used goods as well as new goods. Rates can vary based on the mode of transport, please ask your shipping or relocation specialist for exact rates. Proof of value (see below) will be required in the event of a claim.
To qualify for $500 FREE coverage, please note the following:
- All items must be insured for their full actual cash value.
- Customer must provide an inventory with values per item/box at time of scheduling.
- Customer-packed boxes or items are subject to a limit of $250 per box/item.
- Insurance is not available for televisions.
- Some restrictions may apply on high-value items.
To submit a claim, please note the following:
- Shipper must have proof of value when making a claim, usually a sales receipt or appraisal within the preceding year.
- There is a $100 deductible on each shipment.
- Any single piece being shipped via motor freight or airfreight service that is valued at greater than $2,000 must ship in a fully enclosed plywood crate. (Crating is not required for items being shipped by Full Service Van Line or Wrap-it Shipping service.)
- Some items shipping via van line service may require additional preparation in order to be insured. For example, glass on cabinets must be covered with corrugated cardboard.
- Other guidelines may apply. Please ask your TSI shipping specialist if you have any questions.
- In the unlikely event that your shipment arrives damaged, it is the consignee’s responsibility to document the damage in writing on the delivery receipt at the time of delivery.
- The Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) requires that shipping charges be paid in full regardless of damage.
- Consignee (Recipient) must take delivery of the shipment for a claim to be processed.
- Coverage is for transit damage or loss only (while in the possession of TSI’s contracted carrier) and does not include reimbursement for repairs of any pre-existing wear or damage to a piece.
- Exclusions: Accounts, bills, currency, evidence of debt, money, checks, money orders, c.o.d. payments, coins, securities, tickets, deeds, notes, gifts, cards, bullion, jewelry, gem stones, furs, neon items, hazardous material, plasma televisions or monitors, LCD televisions or monitors, computer chips, bulk products, perishable cargo, ceramic slabs, marble slabs, granite slabs, slate slabs, grandfather clocks, grandmother clocks, motorcycles, flowers, plants, seeds, guns, newsprint, tobacco, windows, plate glass, stained glass and float glass.
- Coverage is provided through Relocation Insurance. The agency reserves the right to recover damaged item(s) for salvage purposes if a damage claim is paid in full (either full amount of value of item based on proof of value, or the full declared value of the item(s).