Why you can rely on TSI for rug shipping
Not all shipping companies specialize in rugs, but we do. Our experienced rug movers possess full, working knowledge of how to ship rugs safely and securely. Friendly, fast and courteous service is part of the deal. Our pickup and delivery is reliable and professional, taking special care with higher-end items (such as Oriental rug shipping requests). What makes us the top rug shippers in the U.S.? Here are the key reasons:
- Prompt pickup and delivery. Our nationwide network of trucks allows us to schedule your shipment quickly, saving you time and money.
- Careful handling. We treat your rug as if it belonged to us. We take care in loading, unloading and stowing your rug, so that it arrives in the same condition it was in when we picked it up.
- Courteous staff. From our drivers to dispatchers to customer service agents, we are professional and proactive at all times, providing you with whatever information and help you need.
- No hidden costs. As leading rug shippers and rug movers, we never hide costs, upcharges or fees in our estimates or bills. We believe an informed customer is a great customer!
Service options with TSI rug shippers
We offer two kinds of services for rug shipping. With our small move service, you get inside pickup and delivery — and we prepare your items for transport. It’s the kind of service people usually choose when shipping more than just rugs.
If you’re shipping rugs alone, then we recommend our low-cost freight shipping service. You prepare rugs by wrapping them around a piece of PVC piping and then wrapping them in plastic. Tape the plastic liberally — at least every six inches. You also can box your rugs. If you can’t find a box long enough, simply “telescope” multiple boxes together and tape them securely. We’ll ship your rugs to their destination in as little as three days.
Call Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., or request a quote online.
Tips for preparing your rug for shipment
As experienced rug shippers and rug movers, we’ve learned the ins and outs of rug shipping, and are happy to pass along several of the most important tips:
- Before rolling or folding your rug, give it a deep steam cleaning to remove all dirt and debris. Make sure the rug is completely dry before proceeding.
- Large rugs (6-foot-by-9-foot and larger) can sometimes be folded before rolling, but check with us or with a retail rug specialist to make sure folding won’t damage the rug.
- Roll firmly but not too tightly, as an overtight roll can permanently damage the vertical and horizontal strands of your rug.
- Secure the rolled rug with twine, stretch banding film or tape, but don’t let these materials come into direct contact with the rug surface.
- When wrapping the rolled rug, use a polyethylene bag or polyethylene sheeting with opaque color and a UV-protection additive to prevent damage caused by exposure to sunlight. Poke pinholes in the plastic wrap — if the rug can’t breathe, moisture can accumulate and cause damage.
based on 44 customer reviews
Shipped a rug to Colorado Martha S. on December 09, 2016
From my first interaction with Carol to the pickup to finish they were all courteous and helpful. A great experience.
Shipped a rug to California Lauren D. on November 29, 2016
Really easy to do, service was fast, price reasonable.
Rug shipment with TSI Anna Hillman on October 03, 2016
My address (town) was incorrect from the start and seemed to be a problem up until pick up. I was listed incorrectly as Gladwyne. Twice it was supposed to have been corrected, but never was and the pick up guys thought they were driving to Gladwyne. I also think it would have been nice if TSI had touched base with me much earlier then this to see if everything was going OK.
Rug shipment turned out OK Wendy Darling on September 20, 2016
Question for you to ask customers: is the street being delivered to will the truck be able to come down. My daughter lives on a dead end street, truck could not come down. They had to transfer item to smaller truck which caused you time. I was not aware she lived on a dead end street
Shipped an oriental rug Frederick R. Wood III on September 17, 2016
In general things went very well, especially the delivery. I felt that the pick up could have been done better in that I did not feel there was as much protection around some of the items as I would have preferred, but luckily the driving must have been good because I found no damage at delivery.