Why you can rely on TSI for rug shipping
Not all shipping companies specialize in rugs, but we do. Our experienced rug movers possess full, working knowledge of how to ship rugs safely and securely. Friendly, fast and courteous service is part of the deal. Our pickup and delivery is reliable and professional, taking special care with higher-end items (such as Oriental rug shipping requests). What makes us the top rug shippers in the U.S.? Here are the key reasons:
- Prompt pickup and delivery. Our nationwide network of trucks allows us to schedule your shipment quickly, saving you time and money.
- Careful handling. We treat your rug as if it belonged to us. We take care in loading, unloading and stowing your rug, so that it arrives in the same condition it was in when we picked it up.
- Courteous staff. From our drivers to dispatchers to customer service agents, we are professional and proactive at all times, providing you with whatever information and help you need.
- No hidden costs. As leading rug shippers and rug movers, we never hide costs, upcharges or fees in our estimates or bills. We believe an informed customer is a great customer!
Service options with TSI rug shippers
We offer two kinds of services for rug shipping. With our small move service, you get inside pickup and delivery — and we prepare your items for transport. It’s the kind of service people usually choose when shipping more than just rugs.
If you’re shipping rugs alone, then we recommend our low-cost freight shipping service. You prepare rugs by wrapping them around a piece of PVC piping and then wrapping them in plastic. Tape the plastic liberally — at least every six inches. You also can box your rugs. If you can’t find a box long enough, simply “telescope” multiple boxes together and tape them securely. We’ll ship your rugs to their destination in as little as three days.
Call Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., or request a quote online.
Tips for preparing your rug for shipment
As experienced rug shippers and rug movers, we’ve learned the ins and outs of rug shipping, and are happy to pass along several of the most important tips:
- Before rolling or folding your rug, give it a deep steam cleaning to remove all dirt and debris. Make sure the rug is completely dry before proceeding.
- Large rugs (6-foot-by-9-foot and larger) can sometimes be folded before rolling, but check with us or with a retail rug specialist to make sure folding won’t damage the rug.
- Roll firmly but not too tightly, as an overtight roll can permanently damage the vertical and horizontal strands of your rug.
- Secure the rolled rug with twine, stretch banding film or tape, but don’t let these materials come into direct contact with the rug surface.
- When wrapping the rolled rug, use a polyethylene bag or polyethylene sheeting with opaque color and a UV-protection additive to prevent damage caused by exposure to sunlight. Poke pinholes in the plastic wrap — if the rug can’t breathe, moisture can accumulate and cause damage.
based on 48 customer reviews
Shipped a rug to New Jersey Susan C. on February 16, 2017
From Start to Finish everything was done well.
Rug Shipped Professionally Bill H. on February 01, 2017
Initial contact was handled in a professional manner - I have since recommended your service.
Rug shipped Neal G. on January 22, 2017
Everything went smoothly.
Shipped 2 boxes with TSI Roberta H. on January 19, 2017
Excellent job. Packaging was difficult but it all arrived safely. Thanks!
Shipped a rug to Colorado Martha S. on December 09, 2016
From my first interaction with Carol to the pickup to finish they were all courteous and helpful. A great experience.