FAQ #1: Who is TSI?
FAQ #2: How fast can I get my items where they need to go?
FAQ #3: How can I ship boxes?
FAQ #4: How can I move furniture or large household items?
FAQ #5: What is the cheapest way to ship furniture?
FAQ #6: Do I have to pack?
FAQ #7: How are moves priced?
FAQ #8: How and when do you accept payment?
FAQ #9: How can I cancel a move or shipment?
FAQ #10: How can I contact TSI?
FAQ #11: Can I insure my items?
FAQ #12: Can I ship my vehicle?
TSI has been offering personalized shipping and moving services to consumers and small businesses since 1989. We specialize in small long-distance moves, and freight shipping services. Here is what those services can include:
- low-cost small moves of furniture and other large household items that are travelling more than 100 miles
- low-cost, less-than-truckload freight shipments of items that are boxed or crated
- long-distance moves of any size; TSI offers both transport and labor depending on what you need; we will provide transport alone, or loading and transport, or packing, loading and transport
- international shipments for small businesses; we specialize in export services for less-than-truckload and less-than-container shipments going to major cities in Europe, the UK, South America and Asia.
Our track record and customer testimonials are proof that you can rely on TSI. We are also bonded and federally licensed (Department of Transportation License # 517872). Because of the volume of moves and shipments that we do, we offer low rates for shipping and moving.
It depends on the items and the method of transport. When you call TSI we will explain the best way to handle your particular move or shipment. In general:
- boxed and crated items require 3 to 7 business days from pickup to delivery
- furniture and large household items that are unpacked usually require 1-2 weeks for pickup and an additional 1-2 weeks for delivery; if you have special circumstances, call us to discuss them and we will do our best to accommodate you
- international shipments require 4 to 8 weeks.
- airfreight/ can be completed overnight or with economical 2-, 3- and 4-day
Freight service is a fast and cheap way to ship large boxes of household items, clothes and all kinds of stuff. It’s the lowest cost service we offer, going anywhere in the continental US in 3 to 7 business days and featuring the convenience of same or next day pickup from a business, residence or storage facility.
TSI specializes in small long-distance moves of this kind. We offer the best value in budget moving based on preferred pricing due to the high volume of moves we deliver. A two-man crew prepares your items for shipping and provides inside pickup and delivery. Our professional service representatives will provide a moving quote that guarantees your price and service.
The cheapest way to ship furniture (which could be considered the best way to ship furniture by some) is to box or crate it and ship it by freight service. But we know that’s not practical for most people. We recommend our standard furniture shipping service. You get two-man inside pickup and delivery, and we take care of preparing the furniture for transport.
You prepare the furniture by wrapping it in at least two layers of bubble wrap. You’ll save on preparation cost, but keep in mind that it will take a lot of time (and bubble wrap!) to wrap the furniture. TSI will work with you to determine the best and cheapest way to ship furniture following your needs.
You must pack boxes. We can provide labor to pack boxes for large moves, but it isn’t cost-effective for you to pay for packing boxes on small moves or loads. No matter what size move, we can prepare furniture and other large items with “blanket wrap” service (usually bubble wrap, actually) or you can prepare them yourself for even greater savings. Inside pickup and delivery is available depending on the type of service you need.
For packing tips, click here, and to purchase packing materials with fast delivery to your door, click here.
- Small, long distance moves are usually priced based on weight and distance. We can accurately estimate the weight of your items based on dimensions.
- Larger long distance moves are usually priced based on volume, that is, linear or cubic feet. We can accurately estimate the volume based on the dimensions of the items being shipped. As with any move, we will want to discuss this with you, and we may recommend an on-site estimate.
- There are no hidden fuel or travel surcharges for any type of move.
- Small moves, freight shipments and international shipments: Payment is due when the shipment is booked with TSI. We accept checks and Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Long-distance (full household) moves: Payment options depend on the type of service. A TSI long-distance move specialist will explain your options.
You can cancel a move or shipment at anytime before pickup is made. Contact TSI directly to do so. A cancellation fee may be incurred.
- Call a shipping/moving specialist Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m to 8:00 p.m. (ET).
- Click to send us an email, or fax us anytime at 800-228-8131.
- Submit an online price quote request.
In most cases, yes you can insure items for their replacement value. Certain items like large screen plasma displays and LCD TV sets and monitors can only be insured for loss or disappearance. Please call and discuss your specific questions with one of our specialists. We will work with you to find the best option for your shipping and moving needs.
If you have additional questions, or comments, please call or click to send us an email.